
Corrections and Understandings....
I was kindly notified last night by my BFF, Sharon, that in my last blog, I just listed her as a "friend". OMG. For those of you who do not know, Sharon has been a BFF of mine for so long, it it not even funny. (I sound so hip to myself saying BFF...giggle) This post is dedicated to her, my Best Friend Sharon.
What is a Best Friend? A Best Friend is one who at the age of 4 or 5 lets you jump on her bed like a trampoline, only to fall off and hit your head on the vent on the floor. She is one who will encourage you to ride rollercoaster on the first trip to Busch Gardens when you are in 5th or 6th grade. She is one who picks on you the day you get your braces (6th grade) and relentlessly reminds you to brush your teeth for the next 4 years. She is one who will stop and pick flowers along the side of the road and bring to you the day you have your wisdom teeth cut out. She is one who will not let you drive her brand new Camero (even though she was only 15 and I had my license). She is also the friend that knew when we needed space...took it, and I didn't appreciate at the time, I understood later on that the space only made us closer.
A friend is one that you share special life moments with... who will allow you to stand near her during her wedding, and one who will fly from Nebraska to be at yours and make sure your makeup looks good before you walk down the aisle. She is also the friend that will drive from Virginia to sit and hold your first born daughter so you can have a few minutes of peace and quiet. She is also the friend that calls the hospital from Japan as soon as she finds out the second daughter had been born, just to check on you and the family.
You see, a best friend is one that you can pick up the phone and call anytime and even when you don't have anything in particular to say, you can just talk. She is also a friend that is there for you when you need her...just ask. She is one that you never say good-bye, just see you later.
Thank you for being my best friend. You have given me soooooooo many memories. This post does not include all the memories I have, just a select few. The internet is not big enough for me to list every memory. You are not just a "friend", you are indeed a Best Friend and I love you.
What is a Best Friend? A Best Friend is one who at the age of 4 or 5 lets you jump on her bed like a trampoline, only to fall off and hit your head on the vent on the floor. She is one who will encourage you to ride rollercoaster on the first trip to Busch Gardens when you are in 5th or 6th grade. She is one who picks on you the day you get your braces (6th grade) and relentlessly reminds you to brush your teeth for the next 4 years. She is one who will stop and pick flowers along the side of the road and bring to you the day you have your wisdom teeth cut out. She is one who will not let you drive her brand new Camero (even though she was only 15 and I had my license). She is also the friend that knew when we needed space...took it, and I didn't appreciate at the time, I understood later on that the space only made us closer.
A friend is one that you share special life moments with... who will allow you to stand near her during her wedding, and one who will fly from Nebraska to be at yours and make sure your makeup looks good before you walk down the aisle. She is also the friend that will drive from Virginia to sit and hold your first born daughter so you can have a few minutes of peace and quiet. She is also the friend that calls the hospital from Japan as soon as she finds out the second daughter had been born, just to check on you and the family.
You see, a best friend is one that you can pick up the phone and call anytime and even when you don't have anything in particular to say, you can just talk. She is also a friend that is there for you when you need her...just ask. She is one that you never say good-bye, just see you later.
Thank you for being my best friend. You have given me soooooooo many memories. This post does not include all the memories I have, just a select few. The internet is not big enough for me to list every memory. You are not just a "friend", you are indeed a Best Friend and I love you.
Ditto. I must have done something right in a previous lifetime.
ReplyDelete