I did finish my massage therapy school. I graduated last Thursday night (May 14). I still have to take the MBLEx and pass that before I can apply for my license from the state. So, I still can't officially work in massage therapy yet. Funny how you have to have 500 hours of school and pass, then take a National Exam, and pass, then apply for your license… I am trying to apply for my license before July 1. I think Bev Perdue is going to up the license fee to $200 after July 1. School was fun. I met some really nice people and some people that made life more of a challenge. I was the oldest one in my class and I often felt like I had to take care of everybody. I will see them all again when we have our pinning ceremony on July 29.
I surprised Mike and the girls this weekend. I had worked it out with my brother to use the condo this past weekend. Friday morning, I packed up the supplies I thought we would need for the weekend and drove to Atlantic Beach. I got there around 11:20. I unloaded the truck and got everything situated into the condo and was back on the road by 12:15. I picked up Raeanne before I went home and then we went to daycare and got Reagan. They enjoyed playing outside while we waited for Daddy to get home. Once Mike got home, he changed clothes and was looking around for his flip flops. All I could say is "they are in a better place". He immediately thought I had messed them up and they were in the trash can. Well, we met his mom at the Texas Steakhouse in New Bern for dinner. They still didn't know! They knew I had a surprise, but didn't know what it was. Mike thought we were going to get I-phones and Raeanne thought we were going to buy Dad a Jeep. (I like the way she thinks!) As soon as we turned onto Hwy 70 East, Mike looked at me and said, "so my flip flops are in a better place huh?" He thought we were going to Randy and Steva's place at Emerald Isle. I then showed him the parking pass to the condo and he was excited. The girls never caught on until we were going over the bridge at Atlantic Beach. Raeanne still didn't know if we were spending the night because she knew she didn't pack any clothes. This was the first time the girls have ever been to the condo, so as they were walking around, Raeanne saw her Bear Bo Bo, and the luggage. She was soooo excited! I still don't think Reagan understood everything going on! She was just happy to be at Lillie and Tucker's other house! (Which, by the end of the weekend, she was referring to the condo as her house.)
We went out to the ocean on Saturday morning and we all played in the surf. A little before lunch time we went back in and showered off and got ready to go out for lunch. We went and got pizza from Michaelangelo's. We then headed to the Aquarium and spent the next 3 ½ hours there. The girls enjoyed seeing all the fish and turtles. We capped off the Aquarium with a visit to Dairy Queen and enjoyed some ice cream. When we got back to the condo, we put the bathing suits back on and headed to the pool. The pool there is really nice. It has a big water slide and Raeanne really enjoyed it. Reagan wanted to see Raeanne come down the water slide, so I took her over to the bottom of it. About the time we thought Raeanne should be coming down, another guy was coming down the slide…boy did he soak us when he it the water! Reagan yelled at him "YOU GOT ME WET LITTLE BUDDY!!!!" I thought that guys was going to drown from laughing so hard! I'm really glad he was a good sport. He took right much verbal abuse from a 4 year old! After a while at the pool, we went back inside and got ready to eat dinner. We headed to Emerald Isle and ate at Rucker John's. It was okay. When we got back to the condo, I let the girls choose a movie to watch (Wonder Dog) and we popped pop corn and ate M & M's while we watched it.
Now it is back to the grind. Mike and I had dentist appointments this morning to get our teeth cleaned. Raeanne has an orthodontic appointment tomorrow afternoon. She is so worried that they are going to put braces on tomorrow. I keep telling her that they are not going to do that yet, however, IT IS coming at some point. I am really hoping they are not going to suggest pulling her back teeth to try to make room for the front teeth. Dr. Warren talked about that 6 months ago when we were there, but decided to put it off a while. I am hoping he will put it off a little while longer!
I do wish I could figure out how to load pictures into the blog....I'm willing to learn!
No comments:
Post a Comment