Friday, September 4, 2009

Shall We Dance?

Shall We Dance?

It's that time of year again! Not long after school starts back, dance starts back. The girls are sooo excited! They started back this week. No more Reagan walking around the house asking "Do I go to ballet dance tonight?" Now we can actually say, "you will on Monday!"

Reagan is in kinderdance again this year. It is a combination of tap and ballet for the small children. This is going to be a really great class for her this year. Her cousin Ashley is in the class too. We are going to love seeing Ashley and her brother Blaine (and mom Teresa) on Monday nights. Now we have an excuse to eat after dance! (ha ha!)

Raeanne has dance on Tuesday nights this year. She is again taking 2 classes, but this year she opted to take ballet and jazz. (She is not taking the acro class). Fortunately, they are on the same night! (yippee). She was excited to see her dance friends in ballet and she enjoyed the challenge of jazz. She said she thought it was going to be a lot harder than acro...? I know as class goes on, she will enjoy it more and more. We also found out that Raeanne's friend Allie from dance has signed up to go to the Panther's Jr. TopCat Cheerleading camp this year. That is exciting! They may / may not be in the same group, but I do hope they get to hang out together while they are there. Raeanne is still hoping her other buddy Taryn will go. We haven't heard from her parents if they have made the decision to go yet. Now we have reason to look forward to October!

Mike had his review of the tech plan with DPI this week and he feel like that went pretty good. I guess the teachers are starting to get back into school mode. It is an abrupt transition from summer to school, especially when it is still 85 -90 degrees outside... I am looking forward to going to some of the football games and hearing the band play at half time. (Raeanne loves watching the band ...she says she wants to do the flags and rifle when she is old enough!)
I started working at Alison & Co. some this week. I did two massages on Wednesday night and I have a salt scrub set for Saturday morning. I'm looking forward to the salt scrub...never done that before (full body), just did practice in school on an arm! (Shhh....we won't tell the client that I've never done it before...) I am very thankful for being able to start this new adventure. I hope I get some regular clients and build up my business. I know that will not happen over night, and I am just advertising with "word of mouth" advertising. I want to stay as busy as I want to and hopefully that will come with time.

That is about is for the Dixon clan this week. We are heading down to the beach next weekend and also celebrating Mike's Dad's 60th birthday on Saturday. We are looking forward to getting away for a weekend!

cya!

No comments:

Post a Comment