Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July... Really?

In some ways, it seems like this year is flying by... in others - not the case. I guess I need to do a little catching up.

I took Mike on a cruise back in March for his 40th Birthday. It was just "okay". I enjoyed being away for a long weekend with him and enjoyed being able to go to the Bahama's, but to say we just "had the time of our lives" wouldn't really be true. During the cruise, I ended up drinking some carbonated drinks. I had stayed away from them for so long... (sigh). Being that we are not big alcohol drinkers and water was just was as expensive, we opted for the "soda card". You buy a soda card and you are able to drink soda's for the entire cruise for free. So, yucky on me for drinking soda's again. (At least most of them are diet or zero calorie).

I was really looking forward to sitting at a table where we could meet people...(the people person I am...) Unfortunately, we were seated at a table for two in the middle of the dining room in between a table of Fraternity Brothers and a Bachelorette Party. Although they were interesting to watch, not exactly a "nice" dinner. Food was so-so. We didn't bring "dress up" clothes so we actually couldn't eat in the formal dinning room during one night. (Can you say...well duh...)

We had a couples deep tissue massage while on the cruise. I have to say that I feel I'm well adjusted to having deep tissue, love them... however, even I felt "man-handled" after the massage. I really felt bad for Mike, he is not the touchy-feel kind of person and I really do feel like he didn't enjoy it. The worst part of the massage experience was all the crap they try to sell you AFTER the massage. I hate having someone tell me how unhealthy I am. I know I am (dare I say...fat), but you, as a therapist don't have to point that out to me... Now, see if I EVER have another massage while on a cruise.

So, a couple of weeks before the cruise, Mike went on some blood pressure meds as a result of a Dr. Appointment he had. It really didn't seem like a "big" deal...until the last day of the cruise. I guess we should have read the label a little closer regarding limited sun exposure while on this medication. Yes, I was freaking out when at the Miami airport his legs were swelling to the point that he could hardly wear his flip flops. I was REALLY ready to get home by this point. I was worried about flying...but we flew to Charlotte and had dinner with my Aunt Betty and Uncle Barry at the airport and I knew at that point if I had to drive, I could. He was doing okay so we flew on to Greenville. We made it home and the swelling in his legs went down in a day or so.

After we got home on Monday, Mike found out he had to take the GRE for Graduate School and have his application in to UNC Wilmington by that Friday... I guess now you see ONE of the reasons he is on blood pressure medicine. He called the testing center and they were able to schedule his test for that Wednesday. No time to study - just go and take the test. I'm happy to tell you, he blew the test away and got really good scores. Long story short on the school, he interviewed and was accepted and starts classes August 22. PhD - here we come!

Our girls had their dance competition in March and their dance recital in May. They had an awesome year. They did really well with the dance competitions. Raeanne was in 3 and I think they brought home awards in all 3. (I can't remember.) I didn't get hardly any pictures of the dance recital this year. I worked the back stage door and Mike helped moved props around backstage. As much as I love to take pictures, I was a little disappointed that I didn't take many...or any real good ones for that matter.

Then came the end of school and the beginning of summer. I surprised the girls on the last day of school and took them to Chuck-E-Cheese. Mike was so thankful he had to work because he literally can stand the place. I didn't mind. I enjoyed seeing them happy and playing.

On Fathers Day, Mike took the girls to White Lake to spend with his family for 3 days. I can not tell you how much I missed them and how upset I was that I had to work. They had a great time, but I was miserable. I pray I never feel that upset EVER again.

Now July is half way gone and there isn't a lot of summer left. The girls have a Nanny (Tori) that is staying with them this summer while Mike and I work. This week, we have one at Camp Vandemere and one at "Camp Nana" and Tori on vacation. I don't think I'm going to get a vacation this summer, but that will just have to be okay. We Can't have everything we want.

I am hoping to resurrect the blog and keep it a little more up to date. You know twitter only allows 140 characters and I can only say so much in that amount of space. Be safe the rest of the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment