Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sweet Potatoes - Really?

If you know me, you know I have never acquired the southern taste for sweet potatoes. Just something about the color, texture, smell of it never appealed to me.

I was talking with a client of mine last week and we were discussing the cold I can't seem to shake this winter. She kept insisting I should eat sweet potatoes. She kept telling me about all the benefits / vitamins sweet potatoes have. Well, this has bothered me all week. Why CAN'T I eat sweet potatoes????

Knowing the weatherman was calling for snow this weekend, I decided to run by the grocery store and it was then I found myself standing in front of the produce counter just looking at sweet potatoes. I bought 4 of them. I thought that I "might" try to cook some this weekend since we would be in the house most of the weekend.... I did cook all 4 of them this morning thinking Mike would take it as an early Valentine's Day gift from me... He Loves Sweet Potatoes.

Well, I decided before I put myself through this, I would do some on-line research myself. I checked this site:
http://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/vegetable/health-benefits-of-sweet-potatoes.html
It verified everything I didn't want to know...

So tonight, the kids have gone to bed and my wonderful husband fixed me about 1/2 of a sweet potato. I ate it. I have given myself a goal to eat a 1/2 of one everyday this week, and let's see if I can knock this cold / Bronchitis out. For the record, I am also still taking Tylenol Severe Cold about every 6 hours or so, my regular "One A Day" Women's Vitamin" and an extra Vitamin C drink twice day.

Story Developing....

No comments:

Post a Comment