Congratulations to our "A" Honor Roll Girl! This morning was the awards ceremony for the past 9 weeks. Raeanne has worked really hard for that "A" Honor Roll Status and we are so proud of her... Also pictured here is one of her best friends, Elizabeth.She has had a really tough week, but she has been such a trooper. Last Thursday (01/29) she woke up with 104.9 fever. Off to the Doctor we went. We were there until almost 11:00 am. They ran a strep test, flu test, and tested to see if she had a UTI, all of which came back negative. Therefore, we were told she had a virus. She did get over the fever by Thursday night and was (for the most part) acting like herself again. Friday morning we gave her a dose of Motrin and sent her off to school. No more fever Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday...but then Wednesday we got a call from the school nurse...103 temperature. Back to the Dr. on Wednesday afternoon and at this time she is really showing signs of a cold (runny nose, lots of coughing...). They think she has a sinus infection and prescribe us with Amoxicillian. Home we go with alternating Tylenol and Motrin again. Thursday morning...no fever. Not wanting her to miss school, I dosed her up with Motrin and sent her off to school. Other than a real annoying cough, she said she had a good day at school...until about 5:30 pm. 103 fever AGAIN. Tylenol and Motrin again. I checked on her several times through the night...no fever... Well, knowing they had awards day today, I really wanted her to go. I gave her another dose of Motrin this morning and sent her on her way...but the plan is, if the fever comes back today...back to the Dr. office we go. Maybe she does have a sinus infection and the amoxicillian just isn't getting it... Oh, by the way, Reagan is fine. No fever and wild and wooly as ever! It's probably a good thing. I don't think I could handle 2 sick children at one time. I'm going to be really surprised if we all aren't sick by next week...The weather is crazy! We had snow on Tuesday or Wednesday (I can't remember) the high today is suppose to be 47 and the high on Sunday...get this...68! Pray things will settle down and get better...
No comments:
Post a Comment